Thursday, May 21, 2009

Taran

Hey! My name is Taran and I am currently working on two online classes to finish my credits. I walked at graduation last Friday and feel a little nervous about heading out into the real world.
I chose this class because I have actually taken a class on gender in the past and loved it. I feel that it really opened my eyes to a lot of views and changed me thougths on a lot of things. For example, I have an aunt who is a homosexual. After the class, I felt that I understood her better and though I myself don't expereince specifics that she does, I feel that my understanding was improved once I read an article of an interviewed lesbian. She stated that she is commonly confused as a woman who loves women. In actuality, she was a woman who loved a person for their morals, personality, and beliefs and that peson happened to be a woman. If it had been a man, then she would have been in a relationship with a man. Once i had read this, I felt more comfortable with an understanding, and I hope to achieve a common expereince on knowledge from this class aswell.
As for the blogging, I must say I'm not sure about how to do this, and I hope that this part is done correctly. I believe we have to paste what we post on classmates blogs onto our own? So that is what I am going to do. If anyone has more information about this or sees that I am doing it incorrectly - by all means let me know! lol

4 comments:

  1. Taran --

    I also took a previous class on Gender with Professor D'Angelo. Which class did you take? Good luck with this class - the technology is driving me crazy!!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the technology, now I have a whole new area to learn, this wiki project lol

    But the class i took wasn't at Rider actually, it was at William Paterson but I really enjoyed it, and I'm liking this classes info too. I've already had conversations with my friends and taught them something! haha

    -Taran

    ReplyDelete
  3. My response to Kesha

    Kesha,
    I admire you. You can tell you are a strong willed woman who doesn't do things to please others, yet doesn't avoid things to spite them either. You do what makes you happy. Most likely the reason your aunt approached you in that way is due to her age and generation. This is a new day and age where living together before marriage, having children before marriage, and even never getting married is a growing popularity.
    I feel its unfortunate for some women who constantly dwell on acceptance of a man, and expect that unless a man moves to the next step, its going no where, or he doesn't love them. In reality, maybe each step gets bigger each time (which is does) and as things grow bigger, it takes longer to move through. I think that its wonderful that you are a woman who is satisfied and trusting in your relationships that you dont feel it necessary to have a marriage license to justify your relationship. So many people get stir crazy, bored etc. With the divorce rate on the rise, i see no need for rushing or pushing someone into anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Response to Yard Sale

    I think thats interesting about your yard sale, but not surprised. Im not a parent so its hard for me to know for sure, but i predict that adults want their children to always be the best, whether it be accepted in society, or good looking. Therefore, it would make sense for parents to coach their children to play with the acceptable toys, act or react appropriately to situations, and many more things. It's for this reason that my original question is answered. As i was reading our assigned chapters, learning about how humans act or are raised. The book stated that some females have male communication skills such as being more assertive etc. and vice versa. I started to wonder if that had to do with being raised by a male or female, enter single parent. Would you think that if a single parent father is raising a little girl, would she be brought up to resemble his form of interaction, or would he feel even more compelled to push her in the direction girls are accepted in society?

    ReplyDelete